• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Just returned from visiting some new locations...

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Earlier this week we returned from a trip that included Seattle as the starting place, and then to Portland, the Oregon Coast, northern California, and finally San Francisco. I had been to San Fran once before for a business meeting, but I only had a couple of evening hours free that trip, so had only visited Fisherman's Wharf. We found a lot of great places in this journey, and experienced some unexpected spots, and got to visit some that I have wanted to see for years. The "Beneath the Streets" tour in Seattle was a lot of fun, as was the jet boat ride on the Rogue River, the beauty of the PCH in Oregon, the Redwoods, Alcatraz, and Yosemite. I just started to post photos from this trip which makes me once again love the beauty of our world. I hope everyone here takes time to travel while they have their health. There is too much to see to sit at home.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Dave,

Why didn't you let us know about this trip before you took it?
I lived in Eureka,Ca all my life,until moving to Roanoke,& could have
given you some suggestions on places to stop/see.
Are you going to post pictures?

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
... The "Beneath the Streets" tour in Seattle was a lot of fun, ...

to bad you didn't do the adult night time tour.
That one is a kick.

Get to learn about our presidents great great grandfather(Or some form of great)

OP
Brooklands

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Dave,

Why didn't you let us know about this trip before you took it?
I lived in Eureka,Ca all my life,until moving to Roanoke,& could have
given you some suggestions on places to stop/see.
Are you going to post pictures?

This trip was with a tour group except for extra days on each end, so we really did not have free time when we were in Eureka, or elsewhere but San Francisco and Seattle. I have started posting photographs on Flickr, but only have done the first day of 12 so far. I will let you know when I have the entire album done.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I live nowhere near, but was in San Francisco area too weekend before last. Same deal, we only spent half a day in San Francisco, went to Fisherman's Wharf, rode the cable car up and down the route (was fun watching people trying to walk up, and down, the hills).

The car scene is quite different than my humble Midwest town, lots of newish Porsches, and while EVs and hybrids aren't rare in the Midwest they were much more common in the Bay area, Teslas, Prius's, etc., Gas is .90 cents a gallon more. Fewer big trucks and SUVs by far than my neck of the woods.

Really congested in some areas, we enjoyed it more when we got a little off the beaten path. Trees are huge, land is very dry.

Oh yes, some nice old British cars just tooling around town, including an MGA Twin Cam, RHD, that we saw just parked among the Prius's at the farmer's market.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
And Portland was surely nice while you passed through. :eek:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's when I always thought Portland was at it's best
When I passed through

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Agreed. September has always been the best month.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
No, I was refering to the fact that Portland is a great place to be FROM :applause:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
No, I was refering to the fact that Portland is a great place to be FROM :applause:

LOL Well, maybe just October through April (unless one like cool and damp). :playful:

OP
Brooklands

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
September sure gave us great weather for the trip. I have friends and relatives in the Seattle area, and it turns out the relatives I had hoped to see were at the Space Needle a few hours after us, but by then we were with the tour group and the schedule did not work out. We are already considering a return to the region in a few years to see some things that Globus Tours did not include. Then I can drive the 101 and stop for photos where I want.

OP
Brooklands

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Wow! This is impressive!!!!! Home turf.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Dave - I just watched your Lehigh 1930s movies. What memories those bring back. The cars looked pretty upscale, the orchard road looked ... "authentic", and the people's clothes looked like they took pride in how they dressed. Very attractive woman in the blue polka-dot frock!

And who would have thought to see buffalo in Pennsylvania!

Thanks.
Tom M.

OP
Brooklands

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Tom,

"General" Trexler was an important part of Lehigh County history, and he stocked the herd of Bison that is still at the Trexler Game Preserve. And now you know where my good looks come from after admiring my mother in the movie.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Dave - your Pacific trip pictures were great and brought back memories of Seattle and San Francisco. We spent many hours in Seattle as our daughter went to college out there and later, our son lived and worked out there, Seattle and then Tacoma. We ate salmon every other day and I still have 3 golf wedges in my bag that I bought at Puetz Golf. Never did get to Yosemite but we did get to Napa Valley and drank some wine. I also added about 30 birds to my life list.