• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Genernator

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
You've heard of a Generator and You've heard of an Alternator, but have you heard of a "GENERNATOR"
I purchased one from BUGEYE GUY and it is the answer to all my problems.
The Tach Drive Generators I have used in my Bugeye have never been very reliable and have broken down at the most inopportune moments.
Many people told me to just switch to an Alternator and I would not have that problem any more, but I was reluctant to do that because none of the recommended Alternators came with a Tach Drive to drive my Tachometer.
Well that all changed yesterday when I bought the GENERNATOR.
It is an Alternator inside what looks like a stock generator case and has a tach drive. It puts out 45 amps VS 22 amps and also comes with a Dummy Regulator with a fuse to protect the wiring.
It is easy to install and I can't wait to get it delivered. I also think it is reasonably priced.
I don't know of any other dealer that has this set up.

OP

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I looked at that, but since it said nothing about it having the capability of driving the mechanical tach drive i passed on it.

Country flag
It says tach drive in the title.

Bottom line, there are a multitude of vendors that sell these. David's price is comparable to most others.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I have one on my Bugeye. Good luck with threading the tach drive on! I had a lot of problems.

dklawson

Yoda
If the threads are not well formed on the tach drive, consider buying a couple of thread files. They are very handy for cleaning up slightly damaged or poorly formed male threads. I have a couple of the files which cover most common inch thread pitches.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
Have fitted them before. Work great on cars that have electric fans.
You should have told me you were looking at them instead of telling me what I have is not correct for your car!

OP

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I never said it was not correct for my car. I said the one you offered me was not what I was looking for.
I started looking for something else after I looked at the pictures you sent me

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I gave up after exploding several tach drive boxes at 100 plus a piece
so poorly made turning them by hand they nearly skip a tooth.
i hand one that lasted not even an hour of operation.
so.. if you have an original you have a piece of unobtainium
then get the genornator
I had to go the RVI conversion it lasted a year ... later installed Spida electronic kit never looked back.