• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Back from Wedding in Las Vegas

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Just returned from my nephew's wedding in LAs Vegas (Actually Henderson). We took some side trips and sightseeing along the way. We detoured down to Sedona, AZ (Beautiful x 10000). Also, we too a trip up to Page AZ to view the famous Horseshoe Bend where the Colorado River makes a dramatic "U-turn." A few pictures from the trip:

Sedona-0006-2.jpg

Sedona-0008.jpg

Sedona-0008-2.jpg

Lake Meade-0001.jpg
Meteor Crater:

Meteor Crater-0005.jpg

Horseshoe-0017.jpg

Horseshoe-0055.jpg

Horseshoe-0082.jpg

Attachments

• Horseshoe-0002.jpg
    Horseshoe-0002.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 12
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Wow - Great photos. What a spectacular area - I need to get down there again!

Tom M.

One of the most beautiful areas was Sedona - only 23 miles from Flagstaff. (Also a very fun road to drive - lots of switchbacks)

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I like the position of the sun in the picture of the horse shoe, did you have to wait long for it to get to the edge?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I like the position of the sun in the picture of the horse shoe, did you have to wait long for it to get to the edge?

We got there around 5PM and waited a couple of hours for sunset. I was hoping for a more dramatic sunset with some clouds, but this is what it was. I'm happy with the star burst pattern that happened without any special filter.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Nice pictures. We drove back from Colorado to California on Hwy 50 and looked for Pronghorn to take pictures of. They were always too far away. Then we saw the car in front of us hit one. I really did not want a picture of a dead Pronghorn.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Hwy 89 was the main road when I was a child. We would camp near Sedona and listen all night to the big trucks coming down the hill from Flag heading to Jerome....no that is another unique place.
Hard to believe that so many trucks/cars used that road!

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Nice pictures. We drove back from Colorado to California on Hwy 50 and looked for Pronghorn to take pictures of. They were always too far away. Then we saw the car in front of us hit one. I really did not want a picture of a dead Pronghorn.

Those were spotted by my wife at a scenic overlook just south of Hoover Dam. She saw them way off in the distance. That picture was taken with a 300mm lens and even with that I had to crop it quite a bit to get good closeups.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hwy 89 was the main road when I was a child. We would camp near Sedona and listen all night to the big trucks coming down the hill from Flag heading to Jerome....no that is another unique place.
Hard to believe that so many trucks/cars used that road!

That would be a fun road to drive in a little British sports car!

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
They were great. My brother lived in Prescott for a number of years and would travel over for long weekends.
Would travel through Wickenburg on up the hill to Prescott Valley and on up and down the roller coaster.
I can’t recommend that drive enough. When I have friends over from England, I alway send them out that way then to Vegas and back too me. Makes a nice 3-4 day journey.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
They were great. My brother lived in Prescott for a number of years and would travel over for long weekends.
Would travel through Wickenburg on up the hill to Prescott Valley and on up and down the roller coaster.
I can’t recommend that drive enough. When I have friends over from England, I alway send them out that way then to Vegas and back too me. Makes a nice 3-4 day journey.

We sometimes vacation in a friend's timeshare in Cave Creek.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That's such a different (and magnificent) geography than the one we're in. Great pix, Basil!

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That's such a different (and magnificent) geography than the one we're in. Great pix, Basil!

Yep, it's definitely different than where you are! On the other hand, when you're in NM or AZ you can't easily go to the beach! (yeah we have some lakes, but that's not the same).

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
We live in an amazing country geography-wise. If an ET landed in only one spot in the US, he would take back pictures that would have no relevance to anywhere else. New Englanders love the desert and high mountains. So different from our world. In the summer especially, in most areas, we have no horizon. No Big Sky Country here.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We live in an amazing country geography-wise. If an ET landed in only one spot in the US, he would take back pictures that would have no relevance to anywhere else. New Englanders love the desert and high mountains. So different from our world. In the summer especially, in most areas, we have no horizon. No Big Sky Country here.

And those of us out west love the beautiful fall colors of New England!