• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

"I can FIX that!"

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
This was my solution to a pot metal garage T-handle that disintegrated into pieces.

"I can FIX that!"

FixedIt1.JPG

D

Deleted member 8987

Certainly cheaper than digging out an old Ford square drive inside doorhandle for the job from the parts bins, eye guess.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
So, THAT'S where the handle to my tap and die set went!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'd probably use the same solution.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
fabulous! Coincidentally this week I put the Viva up on jacks - only to find that the garage door wouldn't close. Moved it ahead a few inches and still wouldn't. Realized that if I removed the inner garage handle the door would just close. Sooooo

Fortunately it still latches and and the PO had added a security bolt so other than that I can't open it from the outside - all good!

Country flag
Way to tap into an available resource, a solution to die for. I'll be here all week, tip the servers, two drink minimum!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Way to tap into an available resource, a solution to die for. I'll be here all week, tip the servers, two drink minimum!

Wait a screw up a perfectly good thread. You nut. :grin: