• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Over my head on this one

Dan C

Freshman Member
Hello all: New member from upstate New York. Just purchased a 1965 TR4A. So far over my head, used to working on classic American cars. Desperate at this point. Clutch pedal travel from floor is less than 1/4 inch ( so it feels) . If I breathe, the car takes off, no play in pedal a all, if I breathe off we go. I have all the manuals but I do not have any adjustment nuts etc off the slave cylinder. How do I adjust pedal so it doesn't launch me as soon as it leaves the floor?

Also anyone have issues with fan extension rubbing on rack? Just put a new 4 blade on (plastic one was chewed up when I purchased)and that is now hitting the rac along with the fan extension.

Any thoughts appreciated.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Dan

Welcome to the forum.

You will find that the Triumph section is very active and if you post your questions there I am sure you will get plenty of tips, help and advice for your TR4A.

Post some photos of the car.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi Dan, you've come to the right place! Once you get started on this little car of yours you will find they are actually quite easy and fun to work on (well, most of the time).

Oh, and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

OP
D

Dan C

Freshman Member
Thanks. Have the fan extension rubbing figured out (motor mount bushings shot) but clutch is another story.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Be sure to pose any specific car-related questions in our Triumph forum. It's pretty active and helpful;