• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member Itro

an34074

Freshman Member
I recently purchased a restored Mk 1 Sprite, 1275 engine, Datson 5 speed, Weber 45DCOE carb, headers. On two separate occasions the car stalled on acceleration from a stop light. Seemed to be starved for gas. Any ideas what could be the culprit?

number6

Jedi Trainee
I think I would suspect dirt in the Weber. I have one on my Spitfire and it's less than stellar. I find it finicky and difficult to work with.
Anyway Just my two cents.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Now that you've introduced yourself you might also want to post your question in our Sprigets forum - probably get more help for specific issues there.