• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BCF membership subscriptions - renewal?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I've been subscribing to BCF for years (and years, and years ...)

When I get the email "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice" - how do I know if my subscription automatically renews (a "recurring subscription")?

I think I ask this nearly every year, and I always get a good answer. But my memory isn't what it used to be.

Thanks.
Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I've been subscribing to BCF for years (and years, and years ...)

When I get the email "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice" - how do I know if my subscription automatically renews (a "recurring subscription")?

I think I ask this nearly every year, and I always get a good answer. But my memory isn't what it used to be.

Thanks.
Tom M.

You would think that would be something I could tell from looking at our BCF account, but actually, I need to log into PayPal and see if you are in the "Recurring Payments" list. I don't see you there so that means it required a manual renewal. If you renew, I would wait until the day after the date the email said it expires, then just go back to "subscribe" area and subscribe manually.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks for the advice. No date is given, just "about to expire". The automatic message reads:

Your access to the paid subscription "Silver Member" is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

As there's no mention of when it expires, I guess I'll just wait until it happens. A Catch-22 situation: access is removed if I don't extend the subscription, but I don't know when it expires. I'm hoping "access will be removed" only means my "silver level" expires - not my entire access to BCF. That would be something - all access to BCF is removed, so you can't log in to resubscribe!

Onward through the fog.
Tom M.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Tom, in your settings, click on paid subscriptions on the left side. That will bring up a window that shows when your subscription ends. Even though Basil told you.:excitement:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Tom, in your settings, click on paid subscriptions on the left side. That will bring up a window that shows when your subscription ends. Even though Basil told you.:excitement:

Holy cow - I've been running this forum for 18 years an I didn't know that information was there! LOL! :livid::nightmare::shame:

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks Greg! That's great to know (sure hope I remember the next time too). Expiry: 9/18/18. At the bottom of that page I see:

"Validity periods marked with a * indicate that this subscription is recurring.
After the initial subscription period is complete, the subscription will automatically be renewed with a new charge."

As there's no asterisk shown on mine, I'll renew on the 18th. Might be a good idea to add Greg's info to the automatic notice email.

And on a historical note, 9/18/18 is the 100th anniversary of the allies' rejection of the German-Austrian (Austro-Hungarian) peace offer. Two months later, the Great War was over.

Tom M.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag

Thanks Greg. I do not remember seeing that before. Now I know I can relax for a few more months before renewing.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Don't feel bad, I managed to forget to renew last year or maybe even the year before and just now subscribed again.