• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spoiler Alert

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
spoiler.jpg

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I guess with bald tires and non-British car, needs all the help he can get. Or it is an antenna and eavesdropping on neighbors internet services. :excitement:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
These particular cars have always been amusing (with a single spoiler) because that wing invariably wouldn't be really useful until the car was going faster than it could even go.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
These particular cars have always been amusing (with a single spoiler) because that wing invariably wouldn't be really useful until the car was going faster than it could even go.

And i still can never get my head around a spoiler on a front wheel drive car.

but look at us actually discussing this as though it was a normal rational logic that led to that drivers decision. Clearly he read somewhere that chicks dig spoilers and figured more must be better :jester:

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I pulled the stock spoiler on my 2003 MINI S and put a JCW spoiler in it's place. Even though it is front wheel drive, you can control the rear slide better for track and Solo. I also added splitter to front and now have a confortable downforce at speed in curves.IMG_20180603_201325.jpg

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
And i still can never get my head around a spoiler on a front wheel drive car.

but look at us actually discussing this as though it was a normal rational logic that led to that drivers decision. Clearly he read somewhere that chicks dig spoilers and figured more must be better :jester:

Audi TT has a rear spoiler, to correct high speed instability. And the chicks really dig it!! (Actually I much prefer the clean lines of the original TT, but respect the engineering team.)

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Clearly he read somewhere that chicks dig spoilers and figured more must be better

Those would be ladies I'd avoid. :playful:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I pulled the stock spoiler on my 2003 MINI S and put a JCW spoiler in it's place. Even though it is front wheel drive, you can control the rear slide better for track and Solo. I also added splitter to front and now have a confortable downforce at speed in curves.View attachment 55426

That's a pretty little Mini, Larry!

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Thanks. Exterior pretty much original except add ons. These wheels are track tires and wheels. I also took out rear seat for weight and lighter battery ( about 100 lbs. alltogether with skid plate for rallyes ). Need to go and see how much closer I am in the curves. The V-8s hate seeing the red mirrors in their rear vision.