• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

a very British movie

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Even if half the stars are Americans.

So, yesterday my cat pinned me down for a couple of hours (when she claims a lap, that's it, it's hers until she's darn good and ready to move on). Luckily, I was in front of a web-connected TV and could reach the remote. I decided to watch some YouTube until she had her fill.

This full length movie was posted and the thumbnail intrigued me. I figured it was a tale of cold war intrigue and military suspense or some such.

"
Turned out not to be a military intrigue story at all. It actually turned out to be a comedy, a very British one. (Well, there is a "battle" involving a Royal Navy Admiral.)

There was a lovely appearance by a Handley Page Victor bomber. But the story line was fueled less by JP-5 and more by coal.

The main character was a brilliant young aircraft designer, quite focused on his technology interests and not a whole lot else.

I found it rather enjoyable. And there's a lot of British machinery.