• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Email Spam Filter Advice

John Kuzman

Jedi Trainee
Four days ago, I opened my email inbox and found over 300 spam emails. They were from multiple senders in both english and foreign languages. They all were received at the exact same time.
I marked them all as spam and went about my business. The next day, wham, 158 emails at the same time. The next day, only 23. Next day, 214.
I contacted my internet service provider, and they had me check my spam filter setting. It was set on the lowest setting, so I reset it to their recommended setting. I am still getting 10-15 of these spam emails.
Is there an email spam filter available to stop this annoyance? Thanks.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I use free Thunderbird email service and get no spam at all! PJ

D

Deleted member 8987

I have Thunderbird on my XP-8 laptop. And I still get exactly the number of SPAM messages I get on my XP-64 desktop.

They tend to come in spurts.

I can go two weeks or more with maybe one or two, then a week or more of dozens and dozens.
I report them ALL, except for .ru, .ro and anything but PRC. .ru and .ro is usually mined and sold to spammers if you report, and PRC is rejected fully every time.

BIG failure is yahoo. My wife has 200 or more in 60 days. Those morons do not care.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My wife doesn't use a spam filter. That way, when she hasn't gotten an email in 5 minutes, she tells me "My email isn't working. Would you look at it?"

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I don't use Yahoo, the wife had it and I took it out after many problems. I use Operas latest edition and sometimes Google. I also have Advance System Care Pro. in 3 computers which keeps them clean of junk.

D

Deleted member 8987

we don't use yahoo, either, but the spammers sure like it