• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New here and new to Jensen-Healey

Ray Brandes

Hello all!
Two of my friends and myself helped out a deployed soldier and his family by taking a Jensen-Healey project off their hands. We have two cars, one with a decent body, but no guts and one with guts and a lot of rust. Our plan is to do a "Wheeler-Dealer" thing with what we have.
I personally have two BMW 700's. One is a nice driver and one is "in progress."
BMW5.jpg
I am hoping to tap into the gene pool of Lotus 907 and J-H skills as we proceed with this project, as well as add what we learn along the way.
Regards, Ray
Bay British Cars

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
hello Ray

Welcome to the forum.

You should get good help in the J-H section for your project.

Post some photos of the J-H.

David

Answerman

Country flag
David,
Where is this J-H section?
Regards, Ray

Well, if you haven't figured this out, there is no JH section here. We're considered "Other British Cars".

Having said that, I own one and love it: my first LBC and still sentimentally my favorite (though the Metropolitan is the show winner... the Healey is the "REALLY fun to drive car"). They are absolutely fabulous cars when properly sorted. There is nothing else like the Lotus 907 engine! I've been through mine from top to bottom over the past 6 years as I've restored it, so I can answer most questions for you. Oh, and I can point you in the direction of a lot of very good resources as well. There is a very strong Jensen-Healey community, but they don't hang out here at BCF for the most part. We'll get you going!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Ray

Sorry I thought I had seen a J-H section. My mind is playing tricks on me again.

Nearly bought a wrecked J-H to rebuild but when I found that the cam pulleys were broken I gave the car a wide berth. It ended up costing a friend a lot of money to get it fixed and then nearly killed him. He discovered the fault in the brakes that had probable caused the original wreck.
David

Sawyer10702

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello Ray

Sorry I thought I had seen a J-H section. My mind is playing tricks on me again.

Nearly bought a wrecked J-H to rebuild but when I found that the cam pulleys were broken I gave the car a wide berth. It ended up costing a friend a lot of money to get it fixed and then nearly killed him. He discovered the fault in the brakes that had probable caused the original wreck.
David
Hi Jensen healey fans. why isn't there a Jensen healey forum on here?? Is there a way to have one? Or is there to much involved in the process? Thanks for any input.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Greetings, Ray. Welcome aboard! Though I've wrenched on a few J-H examples, never owned one. Great "replacement" for the MGB in their time.

Hopefully we can be of some help as you go through the project. Plenty of experience on the forum, mine comes from Lotus familiarity and ownership since the early '70's. I've a J-H "Workshop Manual" here (as likely do others too), thought it's a bit light on detail. But I'm sure we would be able to help with our collective experience at about any task you may come across.

We're actually in west-central Florida, BTW.