• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Newbie in Texas - Nash Metropolitan owner

Texas Jim

Freshman Member
Pleased to join the forum and hoping to be tutored on the Austin 1500 cc drive train in my 1957 Nash Metropolitan. I expect many Brit auto owners know that in the '50's, American automaker Nash partnered with Austin to build the quirky Metropolitan. These Mets were designed for the American market, but all were built in England - and all have Austin drive trains. The earliest were 1200 cc, then went to the 1500 cc. I've owned my car about a year, and I need help for tech and troubleshoot issues. So I'm hoping a friendly Austin pro is out there willing to endure questions etc.
Texas Jim

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Texas Jim

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure that you will get plenty of help with your Austin Metropolitan. There are sections of the forum devoted to the more unusual cars. Do not think I have ever seen a Metropolitan.

Post some photos.

David

Answerman

Country flag
Hi Jim! How about a friendly Metropolitan owner (see photo in my signature)

OP
T

Texas Jim

Freshman Member
Hooray, I'll take it! My Metropolitan is a 20-20 car... at 20 ft and 20 MPH, it looks really good! ha i call it "Pedal Car" and "Money Pit" interchangably. It has the typical rust underneath; I've rebuilt all the brakes (no offense to brit brake engineering - but those brakes are... different !) Rebuilt clutch slave cyl; a lot of cosmetic hours; removed/resealed 3-piece rear glass - HARD job.
I will start a new post with a few tech Qs soon! Texas Jim