• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

DTL2000: New Member in Southern Alberta Canada

DTL2000

Freshman Member
Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum today and was requested to introduce myself. I'm an older survivor of the car culture with an undeniable diagnosis of OCD (Old Car Disease). I have WAY to many cars at the moment and most are British. here is the current stable (subject to change at any moment):

4 MGB-GTs, two of which are either engine or body donors and one of which is a 74 "resto mod" with a 3.4 ltr. V6 and 5 spd from a camaro and the other one being a full restoration 1969 with wire wheels and a wabasto sunroof;

2 MGB roadster, a low mileage 73 that I'm doing for my daughter and an 80 that has been lowered and is in great condition;

78 Capri II Ghia 2.8 V6 and 4 spd;

75 Austin Marina GT T/C ("possibly the best preserved example on the planet"). US model with 10K miles from new and converted to a true "twin carb";

2 1980 TR7 DHCs with one having been converted with a 3.8 V6 and 5 spd (agfain, from a Camaro);

1986 TVR 2801 Tasmin, and,

1998 Jaguar XJ8.

Almost all are running vehicles with a few of them needing some minor work to be fully completed. In addition I have a 1984 Volvo 242 Turbo 4 spd O/D with 30K kms that I am just finishing the detailing of in order to put it up for sale. I also have a restored 1966 Corvair Corsa 4 spd that I hope to get more opportunity to drive once I have a few more cars off the to do list. This of course does not include our other 4 regular drivers that I share with my wife. (A big garage and a few storage units helps).

I look forward to discussing the cars with other member of the forum in due course.

Cheers!

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That is quite a list you have in your profile:

1966 MGB-GT, 19, 1969 MGB-GT, 1973 MGB-GT, 1974, MGB-GT (resto mod), 1973 MGB roadster, 1980 MGB roadster, 1975 Austin Marina GT T/C, 1980 TR7 roadster (Did I miss anything?)

You have definitely come to the right place - thanks for joining and we hope to see you around a lot!

Basil

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello David

Welcome to the forum

Sounds like you have a car lot not a garage. Must be hard to keep the parts for all the car projects with the correct cars unless you are really organized.

The Pub section is an area where a wide range of subjects come up for discussion.

Post some photos of some of your collection.

David