• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

License plates

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I've gotten tired of painting my house every few years and have decided to side it. To accomplish this I need license plates, regular siding is just too boring, and I need your help. If any of you have old license plates you'd be willing to part with to help me undertake this mission to make my house cooler than anyone else's, I'd greatly appreciate it.

D

Deleted member 8987

seen old barns and sheds where holes were patched with plates. Gonna take a LOT of plates.

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bas, as serious as a heart attack. Now that I'm divorced I have carte blanche to make my house awesome.

Anglia, yes Oklahoma, home to greatness.

TOC, yes it will take a ton of plates. I'm starting of small and working on one wall of my laundry room.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Ironically I was working in Pryor Oklahoma some years ago. While there I had to do a short trip to Australia for work (long story) On the flight I was talking to an Australian couple and the husband collected US license plates. They asked me if I could get them some. So I went through several junk yards collecting plates for him.
So you can skip the junk yards around Pryor.

I do have some GA and VA plates that I can donate.

David

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
David,

Thanks that is awesome.

PM sent.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
You are going to have to overlap them like shingles, right? Some plates are reflective and some are not. So you could make the exterior wall "say" something when light hits it, from headlights or streetlights maybe.

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Hahaha! Yeah I will be overlapping them like shingles, I hadn't thought about writing something with the reflective ones.

Country flag
But think about how much you're gonna have to spend renewing all those plates every year!!! :highly_amused::excitement::congratulatory::welcoming::emmersed:

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:highly_amused:

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thank you David!

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks David, the plates arrived this morning. I now have seven more for my classy siding project.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Mine are all on the inner garage wall already. Even have my Ol' Fella's PA tags from he '60's, mine from the '70's..

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've got some from cars that I bought in Oregon & Washington,
plus ones from my Dad's '53 Buick & '64 Cadillac (but only one of each).
Also have a NOS set of Black/Gold CA plates that have never been
mounted.

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Are you offering?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Maybe (some of them).
PM me your address.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
But think about how much you're gonna have to spend renewing all those plates every year!!! :highly_amused::excitement::congratulatory::welcoming::emmersed:
57DCF753-70D3-4F60-9FCF-01898C9D48DF.jpgMaybe I could get the bag boy at our grocery store to sell you his car ?