• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Road Trip!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Tomorrow morning I will load up the family (myself, my mother, my oldest son, and my daughter) and head out to San Diego to see my youngest son graduate from boot camp at the MCRD. My middle son will be meeting us out there. This will be the kids' first trip to any of the states we are going to be traveling through so I plan on stopping at Enchanted Mesa and the Acoma Pueblo, the Petrified Forrest, and the Hoover Dam. I am skipping the Grand Canyon because I reckon that it'll be awfully busy this time of year.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Sounds like fun!

FWIW, the Grand Canyon is pretty big. Although it does get busy around there, I've never seen it so busy that I didn't enjoy it. But I like Canyon De Chelly better

Canyon-de-Chelly-National-Monument.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...hUKEwia0_jf847dAhUGSa0KHZAEDBwQoiowE3oECAoQCQ

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Marine Corps Recruit Depot.

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Canyon De Chelly is pretty awesome. I'm on the fence about hitting the Grand Canyon, it is out of the way but so is the Hoover dam. I suppose we could do both.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Canyon De Chelly is pretty awesome. I'm on the fence about hitting the Grand Canyon, it is out of the way but so is the Hoover dam. I suppose we could do both.

On the way back, check out meteor crater. By the way, did you wave when you drove past my house?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

Speaking of Canyon De Chelly, here are a couple of signed prints of the Canyon from Native American artist Justin Tso whose family runs (or did) horseback tours of the canyon.

He signed and presented these to me as a thank you for, lets just say something I had done for one of his family members. These hang proudly in my living room as do two other from him that are in the hallway.

>> Justin Tso <<

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bas, Meteor Crater is pretty cool, there are several places I'd like to stop on the way back I just don't know if we'll have time. This is the kid's first time to any place further west than the Oklahoma panhandle so I am trying to focus on the big stops. I not only waved but I almost stopped for dinner with you. My mom thought it would be an imposition. Those are great prints you have and a good story to accompany them. I actually have a small collection of native art spread between my house and classroom.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Bas, Meteor Crater is pretty cool, there are several places I'd like to stop on the way back I just don't know if we'll have time. This is the kid's first time to any place further west than the Oklahoma panhandle so I am trying to focus on the big stops. I not only waved but I almost stopped for dinner with you. My mom thought it would be an imposition. Those are great prints you have and a good story to accompany them. I actually have a small collection of native art spread between my house and classroom.

When you come back through Albuquerque you might want to check out taking the Tram to the top of Sandia Crest.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
When you come back through Albuquerque you might want to check out taking the Tram to the top of Sandia Crest.

through? Don't you turn right at Albuquerque? "whistle:

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I had forgotten about the Sandia tram, I haven't been on the that in over twenty years. We might just have time for that. I really wish that Matthew has graduated before school started back up, then we could have taken our time going out and coming back.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Wife and I may be coming out that way. She's never been to Santa Fe or the Grand Canyon - I have. When my son graduated college, I flew out to Vegas and we drove - in his Mazda RX7 - all the way back to Chicago where I bailed out and flew home. We also visited Bryce canyon and Zion National Park.

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We came home through the Sonoran Desert, through Tucson, into Las Cruces, then up past White Sands to Ruidoso, over to Roswell, then to Lubbock and up to Altus, and Home.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ya went to Roswell and can still talk about it?!?

Musta ben in th' Cadillac. Immune to alien detection. They think it's one of their own. :smirk:

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"Musta ben in th' Cadillac."
Hah! We would have been if I had my way. My mom didn't want to go to California with the top down, apparently the wind would have messed up her hair.

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bas, I have quite a few pictures but for some reason I cannot post them. Do we still have size limits on photos, and if so what is that limit?

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
If we do fly out there, I'm undecided whether to fly into Vegas, Albuquerque, Tucson or Phoenix. It will be at the end of this month. Any suggestions from you westerners?

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Fly into Santa Fe and rent a car, plot out a good sight seeing trip in NM and AZ, then finish up in Vegas return the car and fly home from there.