• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Just My Two Cents Worth

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I got a check from a dividend on my stock I've had for years -
for .........TWO CENTS! Couldn't decide what to blow it on,so I just
kept it in my truck (hope nobody steals it).
The other day,I called to get my address changed.The lady I
talked told me that her computer showed that I hadn't cashed it.I
told her it was a total waste of time,paper,& money,& that they could
delete all references to it.Yesterday,& replacement check showed up.
What would you spend it on?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Been through a similar deal with Sears. They CANCELLED my revolving charge account with a balance of $100... I sent them a check for the balance. Later received a check from them for an overpayment of something around $3.00. Wrote 'em a NASTY letter about being a third generation Sears customer, THOUSANDS of dollars over that time and that the $3.00 check would be framed and hung in my bathroom. The only response was a reminder I'd not cashed the check, and later another one, with interest added.

Sears is a non-entity to me. They can kiss my nether bits.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
It has cost them more to mail it than the check is worth.

I would cash it and frame the shiny new coins.

David

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Cash it!

Mrs JP had one, paper, Disney share. we lost track of updating our address for a couple of years - and never received any dividend cheques. Last year we contacted them to update our address only to find that they had taken the lack of cashing of dividends to mean that we no longer existed and the stock was sold and the proceeds held in trust. We got the proceeds back but less than the stock is worth and more to the point now we feel stupid when we see the stock because it was our own fault.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Frame it, along with the first one, and room for the next one.

After you get 4 or 5 of them, take a photo and send it to the CFO, along with a letter thanking him for the free wall paper.