• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

XJ40 3.6 1988 mis_firing

frustrated18

Freshman Member
Hi , I was out in the car last night when it suddenly developed a misfire , so today i pulled the plugs and gave them a good clean as well a the dist cap , replaced and still no difference .I have had a issue with an uneven idle for a while , would the idle control valve cause this to appear , the car starts fine runs rough but will idle ,although a bit rough , it will not stall . I’m now getting an error code fueling failure 4 . I have also thought of maybe fuel contamination , i did put fuel from a station i don’t normally go to. According to the Haynes book of lies that is the "Oxygen sensor ---System indicates full rich ". I have a new one of these i can fit , will this simply fix the problem or in anyone else's experience with this issue will there be any other underlying issues anyone can think of that can contribute to my problem , can't get to work on the old girl until the weekend , all thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated .thanks Mark as an after thought does the 88 have a diagnostic port or plug anywhere on the car .