• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It is British/Scottish!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Sorry, didn't know where to put this. Thinking about a new tractor, these are a top brand. Originally built by BMC in the UK, now made in Scotland. I guess BMC went belly up in the tractor business also? :indecisiveness: I have one of their diesels in one of my tractors now, Perkins. Thinking about it. PJ

View attachment 54979

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well, spoke to soon, their out of business! Parts are available here in the US, but a new one is out of the question. Oh well, was a good idea at first. :disgust:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Does that make them a collector's item now?

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Does that make them a collector's item now?

:highly_amused: Maybe to some, not me! I need something to work, not polish and look at! :jester:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
New Holland manufactures top shelf equipment, I get my Ford parts from them. :encouragement:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I have several JDs and they will break the bank if something goes wrong!

I know JD is a fine tractor, we have one, but they seem to have gone crazy in their prices for everything. Seems like they have also been trying to capture the world market, which looks like they have been achieving their goal. They even have factories in China and elseware, so where does the "USA MADE" stop or start? How many foreign parts are on a new JD tractor, or any new tractor, hard to figure. :rolleyes2:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I know JD is a fine tractor, we have one, but they seem to have gone crazy in their prices for everything. Seems like they have also been trying to capture the world market, which looks like they have been achieving their goal. They even have factories in China and elsewhere, so where does the "USA MADE" stop or start? How many foreign parts are on a new JD tractor, or any new tractor, hard to figure. :rolleyes2:

quite a few years ago they did a "which has more American parts" JD or Kubota. Kubota won.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
New lawn units utilize Kabota power. I am not a fan of the hydrostatic transmission.
I would never give up my 210c...brilliant machine.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My I suggest an International Super M or possibly a 400.