• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

wireless headphone system?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
What do I need to do this (inexpensively!)?

I want to hear my TV/stereo/DVDs using headphones - without running long wires or cables. Even cranking up volume from the usual 26 to over 70 sometimes doesn't help.

Here's what I want to do:

- Plug some type of wireless "broadcaster" unit into my stereo amp's headphone output jack.

- Wear headphones or pods to listen to the audio while in any room within 50 feet of the "broadcaster". Headphones could have wireless built in, or just plug into a wireless receiver.

I'm frustrated at many TV shows and DVD movies, where the dialogue seems to be a contest about who can speak softest. And CC text on the screen isn't very reliable.

Thanks.
Tom M.

Alfred E. Neuman

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Something like this?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=9722
97221.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
The problem with using most Bluetooth headphone transmitter/receiver setups for TV watching is latency, i.e. the delay between what goes in and what comes out.

When you use Bluetooth only for listening to your steaming device you can't tell there's a delay. But when the sound is supposed to sync with the picture on the screen the delay can be extremely annoying.

If you do go Bluetooth, choose a setup that specifically says it's designed for low latency.

Otherwise you can use an analog setup, either IR or RF. (I prefer IR, analog RF systems tend to have interference issues.)

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks gents. I had no idea about the latency issue with Bluetooth. As I plan to use the system for TV/DVD, that's good to know.

Tom M.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
good news - now the real challenge!