• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New owner 79 MG Midget

brightbw

Freshman Member
Hello all,

My name is Bryan, and I am the new owner of a 79 MG Midget. The car has been in my family for most of it's existence. It was first owned by a distant cousin, then my grandfather purchased it from them in the early 80's. He loved this little car, and I remember riding around it with him. After he passed, the car has been with my father and uncle, with a brief stint with a family friend. And now it is my time with it.

It is in pretty good shape after being garaged for most of the last 5+ years. It needs new tires, some work on the rims, a new clutch, some general clean up and maybe some new carpets. But the body, chrome and leather are all in very good condition. My son and I will have some good times fixing her up and maybe updating her a bit. I look forward to reading and participating in discussions here.

Thanks,
Bryan

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome - and sounds like a great car to have! See you in the Spridget section. :cheers:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard! We have a special forum for discussing Midgets and Sprites called the "Spridget" forum - as JP said, see you there!

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome Bryan,

Welcome to the BCF. Please post photos of your little beauty, and stop by the Pub if you get a chance and join in on one of our civil, non-political discussions.

Go visit my favorite place in the Twin Cities, ****'s Kitchen for me. And maybe grab a pint at Brit's Pub some evening.

Alice1973Triumph

Freshman Member
Congratulations to you, may I ask if you have had it smogged, or do you live in state that doesn’t require a smog. I am considering buying a 1976 mg midget that is adorable but it needs a CA smog.. I understand sometimes it can be very tricky and pricey.. wondering how you mg has handled the smog thing