• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tastefully done, no?

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The word “horrific” comes to mind .Closely followed by “fugly”
And “wheres the barf bucket”

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I'm a form follows function sort of guy and I get that someone might want a V8 and automatic transmission. Those mods aren't my cup of tea but yes, to each their own. What I don't get are the things like the double bonnet belt and the Nevada bordello interior ( not that i have first hand knowledge of the latter). I would have expected exaggerated fender flairs but maybe it comes with...just not bondoed on yet. Also, was there a need to chop the top. That's quite a bit of work just to bugger up the lines of a classic. Closest thing to a rat rod Healey I've seen.

pkmh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Near the very bottom of the listing where is says, "Do NOT contact me..."

I say, "STOP! Okay, no problem!"

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
This has been on the market for more than a year. It started out at something like $35k IIRC. And yes, the exhaust headers actually exit through the fenders. I talked to someone at a local show who knows the builder and they told me this car was driven from Massachusetts to Florida and back each winter, towing a small trailer. So we know it has the reliability thing down. I'd offer to look it over for anyone with an interest ... but, no.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Oh!

No!

CraigC

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Tastefully done? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what the title of this thread sould have been :D

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
You can make a cucumber into a pickle but you cannot make a pickle into a cucumber.

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
i had a long converstion with the owner-builder this afternoon. it is an interesting car but that interior is just awful. the engine is tired and the c4 is just a three speed with no overdrive for the interstate. only one of the exhaust pipes on each side carry the exhaust. three of the tubes are not used. owner has owned the car for 30 years and said that he has many other cars. it is always kept inside a very large building with several other cars. guy has driven to florida where he has a home in key west. i did not ask why the interior was so....lets say gaudy! i asked about the wheels and he said that he widened them....is that a practical method for wire wheels? stock suspension and brakes and healey rear end. evidently he has had very little interest in the car! i am to receive additional pics this evening!!! he stated that the top functioned well he but does not drive the car in inclement weather. the floors have been reworked in the seat areas to accomodate the chopped top. the floors under the seats were dropped three inches. rear seat pans have been removed and made into a flat shelf.

Last edited:

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I never cared for Salvador Dali's art, but I am impressed by folks who see the world differently than most of us. By moving the exhaust to the outside, I can see how he had room to cut out the floor and lower the seats to accommodate the chopped top. Kind of a clever approach.

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
External exhaust pipes are often seen on racing cars (My Elva MK IV and Ginetta G4 both have them with the rocker configured to keep the pipe from projecting out beyond the bodywork). On a street car that puts a hot pipe just below and adjacent to the rocker, threatening to burn an ankle unless well shielded. Plus it dictates an exhaust that terminates in front of the rear wheel,. not everyone's cup of tea. And mind the curb when you're parking....

The car might be a cool ride for up and down Key West's Duvall Street but the noise and seating position would probably get a bit wearing getting there from Mass.

Last edited:

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
owner sent lots of pics and a short video. as I said interesting car but would be a large project and considerable expense to make the car more healey presentable. as a note, the top appears to be well done and fits the car well. overall, the car just looks tired but at the right price one might have a decent "nasty boy".