• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General MG Have To Say...

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I know it's not good form to brag, but just have to say: Janet and I just returned from a trip to Dayton, Ohio, for the British V8 annual gathering. Our '69 GT with the GM 3.4 V6 conversion ran beautifully up and back; speed was between 65 and 70, with part-time A/C, and included several drives in and around Dayton. Mileage was 26-27, checked on each fill-up. Makes one wonder why more people don't come over to the dark side, and makes one sad that MG weren't allowed to develop these wonderful little cars...

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Sounds like you had an A#1 perfect week. Sharing our LBC's with other owners - plus those who don't know them - is a great way to spend some time.

Here's me introducing my TD to one of the young folks from Sturbridge:

New to MG.jpg

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yes, great trip and some wonderful folks who've developed some long-standing friendships because of our, um, proclivity for stuffing large engines into little cars!

Besides visiting in the parking lot of the motel and sharing stories/swapping lies, we also had some field trips. Two were visits to D&D Restorations, where we saw some incredible cars - here's one, an Isotta Fraschini that belonged to Harry Williams and his wife, actress Marguerite Clark:

0713181053.jpg

We also went to the US Air Force Museum; words can't describe, so here's one famous plane that was recently added:

0714180958.jpg

Parking lot - 63 cars registered, and over 100 members/spouses:

0712181720.jpg

0712181721.jpg