• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Shopping

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
CStanton-2013-11-25-1245-2.JPG

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
My wife just asked me to draw our respective maps at Pep Boys, Harbor Freight, or any toy store... :smile:

Touche!

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My wife just asked me to draw our respective maps at Pep Boys, Harbor Freight, or any toy store... :smile:

Touche!
I was just in Pep Boys yesterday. They didn't have what I was looking for. As I'm leaving a clerk asks if he can help me find something. I told him "Just my mind." He admitted that he would be of no help.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I was just in Pep Boys yesterday. They didn't have what I was looking for. As I'm leaving a clerk asks if he can help me find something. I told him "Just my mind." He admitted that he would be of no help.

Of all the things I've lost in life I miss my mind the most.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
WOW, isn't it great knowing your not alone in the world! :encouragement:

Country flag
I saw my birth certificate, the box for brains wasn't checked..... :D

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Showed the drawing to my wife yesterday, her comment, So what's wrong with that! We girls are efficient when we shop, you guys have a one track mind! :highly_amused:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Showed the drawing to my wife yesterday, her comment, So what's wrong with that! We girls are efficient when we shop, you guys have a one track mind! :highly_amused:

My wife laughed! Thought is was funny - and accurate.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Man: "I have nothing to wear". Closet is empty.
Woman: "I have nothing to wear". Closet is full.

Let me tell you about the redesigned walk-in closet we spent a couple thousand on. It was supposed to be 50/50 on space. More like 80/20 in her favor.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Let me tell you about the redesigned walk-in closet we spent a couple thousand on. It was supposed to be 50/50 on space. More like 80/20 in her favor.

what's the garage ratio? :whistle:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Converse - Man in Home Depot or Lowes on a rainy day - 4.36 hours. Woman - 4.36 minutes.
Main in NAPA, Auto Zone, etc. - no less than 45 minutes. Woman - 0. Sits in car reading or listening to recipes on smartphone.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Man: "I have nothing to wear". Closet is empty.
Woman: "I have nothing to wear". Closet is full.

Or...

"Well I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head, that didn't hurt
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad
So I had one more for dessert
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt..."

https://youtu.be/ED5s1-Fe9FA

Last edited:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Just listened to the whole show. Thanks Mike for the reminder and link :encouragement:. PJ

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P

Touche!

Your wife knows of what she speaks. I eBay and Amazon most of my purchases. However, grocery shopping is a pure joy for me.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I absolutely cannot accompany Mits to the grocery store. She keeps an "accordion folder" of coupons, filed in some obscure, inscrutable method. She will spend what I consider an inordinate amount of time randomly (to me, anyway) going through the aisles, checking shelf items against her collection of coupons, selectively putting some things in the basket... but she has amazed me at how "efficient" she is when she tells me how little she's paid for the goods. Even got two bags full of groceries once and given two dollars to boot!

So we've got a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship: she bags an' drags it, I skin it an' grill it. :wink:

Last edited: