• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Honda Odyssey odyssey

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A good neighbor has an '03 lump, it shredded the serpentine belt. Put it in th' driveway this AM to R&R the belt. Never saw one before, so did an exploratory. Alternator was "akimbo"; not parallel with the rest of the pulleys. They'd had the alternator replaced at some earlier point, now we're looking at an alternator not aligned with all the other pulleys. It shredded the new belt (no shock), so it goes back to the shop that did the alternator R&R.

I hate going behind supposed techs with slipshod habits. What was a 15-minute task becomes a trial. Not for me, rather for them.

Alfred E. Neuman

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
We get to clean up bad work on the regular at our shop. Unfortunately, a botched previous job that lands in my hands due to some hamfisted tech at another shop costs me both time and money (which are the same thing for me at flat rate).
Some of the worst is getting cars come in after street corner shops or shade tree friends that "know cars" have diagnosed a problem and taken it upon themselves to replace a major control module. Then we have to go behind them any try to code the new modules to the car.