Thread: Honda Odyssey odyssey

The Pub is: Forum to generally shoot the breeze. It is NOT: a debate forum (NO Politics, religion, or controversial topics.) Keep it clean, fun and lite!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Honda Odyssey odyssey

A good neighbor has an '03 lump, it shredded the serpentine belt. Put it in th' driveway this AM to R&R the belt. Never saw one before, so did an exploratory. Alternator was "akimbo"; not parallel with the rest of the pulleys. They'd had the alternator replaced at some earlier point, now we're looking at an alternator not aligned with all the other pulleys. It shredded the new belt (no shock), so it goes back to the shop that did the alternator R&R.

I hate going behind supposed techs with slipshod habits. What was a 15-minute task becomes a trial. Not for me, rather for them.
    '64 MGB, '67 Lotus Elan S-3 DHC,'69 Lotus Elan +2
    '78 Alfa Romeo Spider-undergoing surgery: O=\*/=O
    '84 300D Turbo-"Diesela"-Now my Daily: Oo|≣|oO
    '02 Toyota Camry- SWMBO's 'new-to-her' Daily. <sigh>
    Chaos & Mayhem PTY, LTD..C.I.O. & Floor Sweepervisor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Re: Honda Odyssey odyssey

We get to clean up bad work on the regular at our shop. Unfortunately, a botched previous job that lands in my hands due to some hamfisted tech at another shop costs me both time and money (which are the same thing for me at flat rate).
    Some of the worst is getting cars come in after street corner shops or shade tree friends that "know cars" have diagnosed a problem and taken it upon themselves to replace a major control module. Then we have to go behind them any try to code the new modules to the car.

Luke Skywalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Re: Honda Odyssey odyssey

My rule is simple. I open the hood and look down. If I don't see the ground - down goes the hood.