• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fireflies?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
First time I've lived where they're fireflies.
I told my Wife that we should cal 9-1-1,because our
lawn was on fire.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
First time I've lived where they're fireflies.
I told my Wife that we should cal 9-1-1,because our
lawn was on fire.

For us on the west-coast, the first time you see fireflies it's just astonishing! Never saw them until visiting the east coast for the first time (many years ago).

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
That couple in Pa just goes to show how dumb this next gen is becoming. Way back in the day here in Pa them things were just called Lightening Bugs. We used to catch them by the handfuls and put them in jars. If you got enough of them it was like carrying a lantern around.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
How us frugal Yankees save on electricity -
man-reads-by-the-light-of-fireflies-michael-crawford.jpg

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Only certain times of the year we have them in Oklahoma, I guess the temperature is the controlling factor. We always called them lightning bugs. Terminology I guess, the bugs are the same, just the names are different. :highly_amused: PJ

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Well, whatever one calls them, I think they're amazing. NONE of them on the west coast.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well, whatever one calls them, I think they're amazing. NONE of them on the west coast.
Mark- you are welcome to sit on my deck and gaze into my backyard and you'll see tons of fireflies all night long. The younger kids chase and catch them... they are harmless.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
:smile:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The only place I've lived that had lots of fireflies was West Virginia. Remember the fun we had as kids catching jars of fireflies.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
To the ignorant (like me), I was shocked to learn what "bath salts" are... having assumed it was something the ladies used to create bubbles or similar. Nope. Not even Epsom salts. Check this out:
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/synthetic-cathinones-bath-salts

Synthetic cathinones ("bath salts") can produce effects that include:

• paranoia—extreme and unreasonable distrust of others
  • hallucinations—experiencing sensations and images that seem real but are not
  • panic attacks
  • excited delirium—extreme agitation and violent behavior
Sounds like "space alien attacks" to me.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Hi pd, what space aliens you been playing with lately? Oh I don't want to steal this thread but I got to tell you. Had to put one odd front tire on my wife's Nissan Rogue (all wheel drive). It's been about a month, now gobs of grease on the garage floor and the left front inner CV joint is trashed. Hmm, coincidence or what?

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Was there a big difference between the front tires? If not, I don't think it's likely that a new tire could cause damage. On the Subarus, its the center differential that will eventually fail if one tire is way different - but it takes many miles from what I was told. Your Nissan may have hit a curb or pothole to cause damage. I would check with the dealer or go online to check out the damage.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Dare I say it, this year alone the wife has had 3 flat tires, knocked the front end out of alignment and now this. She mostly drives the same roads I do but, when I'm with her I'm cringing at every pot hole. :highly_amused:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Well there you go.
Maybe you know Bart bought an Alfa Quadrifoglio to race. Went through a set of tires in one weekend at Sebring. $300.00 I think he said. Not bad for an 85 year old. Says "Don't buy one. Terrible road car".

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Yes, I guess this could fit the mandate of this forum. Unless you are the guy spending the money. :wink-new:
I talked to him a few weeks ago. He didn't tell me about Sebring but did say the car has a propensity to just shut itself off once in awhile. :rolleye: Well, it seems that he is always game for new things, this is just another one of his adventures.