• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thai Soccer Team

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Found Alive! :encouragement: Awesome to say the least. As stated, they were 2.5 miles deep in the cave, but the divers who found them have't got them out yet, quite complicated in flooded and narrow passages. Hope goes out for the kids and their coach. PJ

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Just watched the first video of the kids from within the cave. Wow, what an amazing story! Now we wait for the rescues!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Just watched the first video of the kids from within the cave. Wow, what an amazing story! Now we wait for the rescues!
And the movie.
Glad they are safe.

catfood

Jedi Knight
I suspect the coach is going to have a few questions to answer.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I suspect the coach will no longer be coaching.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
4 more out yesterday.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Why did they stop operations because of night fall?. It is always dark in a cave.

Great that they have 8 kids out so far.

Just saying.

David

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Why did they stop operations because of night fall?. It is always dark in a cave.

Just saying.

David

I was curious about that also. :confused:

Possibly the rescuers who are going in to get the boys are exhausted and need to recoup and rest a bit. I can only imagine the strain, mentally and physically, would be on them, no more mistakes are allowed! PJ

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

Just saying.

David

Besides the rescuers needing rest, "Officials said late Sunday that the operation had been paused to allow oxygen tanks depleted during the first phase to be refilled"

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
You couldn't get me down in a cave on a coal mine if there was $1 Million buried there. Heights? No problem. Depths? Fuhgeddaboutit.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
You couldn't get me down in a cave on a coal mine if there was $1 Million buried there. Heights? No problem. Depths? Fuhgeddaboutit.

I didn't think I was claustrophobic until a few years ago when we visited Carlsbad Caverns. As we walked further and further down, down, down, into the caverns, I started feeling more and more like I wanted to turn around and run back to the entrance! :scared:

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Giving the rescue crew a chance to get some rest makes sense.

Did a little caving a long time ago. Never experienced dark like in a cave. It is a physical thing not like a very dark night. Swimming in a flooded passage was very scary even though I knew it was only 10 feet till I could come up.
Glad I did it but not going down there again.

Also did 3 parachute jumps. Have no plans to step out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft again. When we flew in gliders we all carried chutes so someone thought a practice run was a great idea. In the UK back then you jumped on your own. Not strapped to an instructor just a static line.
Several CAB probable started the conversation.

David

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Great news!!!

If I understand correctly, individual parents did not visit the freed children until all of the children were out - all parents stayed at the cave until the end. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, a wonderful example of solidarity. (I am not sure if the parents knew which child was rescued?)

"We are not sure if this is a miracle, a science, or what" Quote from the Thai Navy SEALS earlier today.