• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Old picture of some kids you may know

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I have been undertaking the herculean task of reorganizing all of my digital photographs so that, instead of everything just being organized in folders buy year, with sub-folders by Month-Day, I am reorganizing into folders/subfolders that are topical.

Aircraft
>> Commercial
>> Military
>> Private...etc

Animals
>> Cats
>> Dogs
>> Elk & Deer...etc

Automotive
>> American
>> Auto Events
>> British
>> etc

This will make finding a specific photo easier to find for my family in the event of my demise.

Anyway, While going through all my photos I ran across this scan of an 8x10 picture of some rather famous (then kids) posing in front of the site I Commanded. My site was on an Island next door to Scorpios where Jackie Onassis Kennedy and her kids lived. If you look real close you can see that both Caroline and John signed the picture. The picture was taken a couple years before I arrived at the site, but I received the pictures as a going away gift since I was the last Commander of that site before it was transitioned to contractor operations and eventual shutdown. The original picture lives in my safe.

CStanton-2004_10_08_0495 copy.jpg

CStanton-2004_10_08_0495 sig.jpg

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
What a wonderful photograph.

I am sticking with my chonological order, but I have sub folders so that if they want to find photographs of our place in the Poconos, a search for Lake House will find that.

I am using a system developed by Scott Kelby (I belong to KelbyOne) called Simplified Lightroom Image Management (SLIM) which is designed to make organization both in and out of LightRoom simpler.
All of my photos still have file name that include the date taken.