• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Austin Healey 3000 Newbee

Falcoray

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi from Ipswich UK I’m new to the forum new and new to the Austin Healey mark. Previous cars include all the usual get to work BMW’s Jaguar’s etc plus 1976 Ferrari 308gt4 a real barn find with engine trouble which turned out to be a valve head broken off from the stem spun round and punched a hole in a piston, repaired it and drove for a couple years, next was a TVR chimaera which was great but sold after two months as I was either going to lose my licence or end up in a ditch neither of which seemed appealing. I’ve now bought a proper car! It’s a 1966 ex New York Austin Healey 3000 Bj8 fresh from a full restoration, engine, gearbox, overdrive and car it looks really nice.
Ive had the car 3 weeks it runs well but idles a little too fast, I have read the forum, as a guest, a few times and the information I found has been excellent, thank you.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF! We have a very active AH forum here so be sure to pop in there and maybe post a picture or two.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Falcoray

Welcome to the forum

Nice find.
I had a hankering for a TVR at one time but could never find one that I could afford.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi I’m having problems with a noisy rear dif on my Healey 3000 Bj8, are they normally noisy?
Falcoray, I suggest that if you post this specific question in our Austin Healey forum you are likely to get more answers. Our AH forum is very active, but not all of the AH guys ever check this New Member's intro forum.