• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Uk TR6 owner

Andyone

Freshman Member
Hi all

I'm the proud owner of a UK 1969 PI TR6 box of bits bought as an abandoned rolling project on the grounds that she had a decent chassi, panels and matching numbers. The shell has rotted in all the usual places and has requird new floors, sills and lots of new metal which is ongoing. Everything else needs rebuilding plus a new interior and I'm sure there will be a lot missing. But hey I wanted a project and a TR6 having walked past one on my way to school plus I've seen a lot of cars which shall we say wore a good disguise and I would have spent just as much time sorting out! So I'm sure I'll have lots of questions over the next few years as I'm still working full time.

Car wise I've allways tinkered with cars and run a 1.6 MK1 Miata which for a bit of fun developed to a 350bhp animal which turned on me last year and is no more. The TR6 will be kept as original as possible and the complete opposite to the miata.

Anyways thanks for reading and I'll be searching and asking questions soon.

Andy

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Andyone

Welcome to the forum

The Triumph section is very active and you are sure to get plenty of help, advice and tips there for your project.

One thing I learned the hard way is mount the body on the frame before you cut out any floor or sill parts. You can lose the door gaps.

David

OP
A

Andyone

Freshman Member
Thanks David

Done all the work with the tub still bolted to the chassi and so far the gaps look good as I've adjusted them as I've gone along. The test will be when the chassi removed and then mated back as to if they remain the same. Fingrs crossed.

Andy