• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

So what did you do with your car yesterday?

Konrod

Having a warm spell in the UK, so a few friends went out in our cars to an open air theatre. The MG owners club was there as well, so took this picture.

Over to you - what did you do?

IMG_20180623_163650.jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That is a great idea! Classic cars at a drive-in movie - perfect.

Rain and mist here, so I just opened the garage door, admired the beauty of the '53 TD, and cranked up the engine for about ten minutes, then rolled back into the garage.

Fog lamp.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
drizzle here - but a BBQ for the club - got the car out, top up, drove around the block - realized the wipers didn't work - drove home, parked it and took the Kia.

(Only one classic car there - a Ford Zephr in basically as found condition - he had re done the interior but other than that the patina was there - it was great!)

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
7CC4F7C7-B5B1-4327-88E0-40218D81BD06.jpgDoug used a detailer on Onslow Friday. First thing Saturday morning local Jag Club caravanned Route 66 to a car museum and then glider museum in Moriarty NM. It was a tad toasty so top down was accompanied with A/C in operation. Had a great BBQ lunch at a place called Shorty’s. We passed on the glider museum because of the heat but decided we would do it on our own when it’s cooler.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Oooh! I covet that miniature Snap-On toolbox, Judy! First Snap-On box I had was the full-size version of that one. Wound up trading it for a bigger one.

Took the MG out on a CAB run. The summer Florida afternoon rains made for a short excursion, though.

Country flag
Wish I could say took a nice relaxing drive, but nope couldn't do that. Seems sometime overnight Friday one of the springs on the garage door decided to operate in "split" mode. Needless to say, once it was no longer assisting with the door all I got to do was find out how really heavy a 16 foot garage door really is. Thought it would give me a hernia and didn't even budge. Well, at least it broke when the door was down rather than up...

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
drizzle here - but a BBQ for the club - got the car out, top up, drove around the block - realized the wipers didn't work - drove home, parked it and took the Kia.

(Only one classic car there - a Ford Zephr in basically as found condition - he had re done the interior but other than that the patina was there - it was great!)

JP, I hope your not talking about a British car! Wipers always work on them, well, -------------- most of the time, some of the time, they don't like to get wet! :highly_amused:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
JP, I hope your not talking about a British car! Wipers always work on them, well, -------------- most of the time, some of the time, they don't like to get wet! :highly_amused:

:lol:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
MG TD wipers worked great - until it rained. Then they would short out when water ran down the shaft and into the motor. There was a small hand crank fitted and usually saw plenty of action - until your hand cramped. Some owners fitted French Marchal motors but they were always back-ordered and in short supply. Tom - how are yours working? Or don't you drive in the rain? Remember folks, these were our only cars back then, rain or shine, snow or what...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Years back, in the +2 going through some rain, my friend saw slow dripping from "top dead centre" of the windscreen and asked: "Do you know why Chapman didn't introduce the +2 until two years after the Elans?" To my "No, why?" reply, he explained: "It took the engineers a couple years to design in the leaks properly!"

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Years back, in the +2 going through some rain, my friend saw slow dripping from "top dead centre" of the windscreen and asked: "Do you know why Chapman didn't introduce the +2 until two years after the Elans?" To my "No, why?" reply, he explained: "It took the engineers a couple years to design in the leaks properly!"

That can't be true - leaks are a British speciality it shouldn't have taken more than 6 months. :devilgrin:

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I spent some time putting an exhaust system on my 1936 Morris 8. You can't buy a system in the USA, so I bought a cheap Morris Minor exhaust and cut all the bends out and repurposed them for the Morris 8. One more trial fit and I can start the engine! Oh year, I need to buy some gas to put in the tank first.
Jerry

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Beginning to think it is the switch - but got out to cruise night tonight - a lot of old MG Midget reminisce stories (and a 74 Honda 550four beside me with a driver not yet 25 - nice to see)

Hot here though

Oh and the most common line "it's smaller than I remember" - yes it is,