• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hard time

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8987

Nothing Here

Left it up long enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Speaking as someone whose first wife died (indirectly) from what should certainly be called malpractice ... Aw, well, I got nothing except count your blessings. It could certainly be worse.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
pursue it as hard as you have too - or you won't have peace.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Oh, I am.
One doctor and one oncology pharmacist I know both expressed shock that no cancer was found at all.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
To me, the "shock" is that they proceeded to surgery without having enough information to fully justify it.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Possibly I am misunderstanding this; but I think the issue is that cancer cells cannot always be detected non-invasively. When they find a growth, there are millions of cells already clumped together (making it visible on MRI or whatever). But they can and do migrate, and small numbers are not always detectable until after the tissue is removed from the body. That's why often, after having a nasty growth removed, they have patients go through chemo and/or radiation, "just in case" there are any more cells they can't see.

And the "big C" is scary enough to some people, to make a pre-emptive strike seem attractive. Some women, particularly those with a family history, do elect to have surgery, "just in case". Frankly, if I could have surgery to ensure I wouldn't die of the same thing that is killing my Dad, I would do it too.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...jolie-and-the-rise-of-preventive-mastectomies