• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Atlanta '59 TR3A

jeffreyj900

Freshman Member
Country flag
Morning, wanted to say hello. My first car was a 1966 TR4A w/IRS non-OD. Sold long ago. This is my '59 TR3A. It's a driver. Was in storage for ~20 years. It has a rack & pinion conversion, new 15.5 Daytons, TR4A engine w/rebuilt high port head ~2,000 miles ago, TR4A non-OD transmission rebuilt around same time. The timing chain tensioner went & eventually rubbed a hole in the timing chain cover. So, last September I began replacement of: the cover, crank/camshaft sprockets, chain, tensioner, water pump, did a small belt pulley conversion, converted to an alternator, had the radiator checked/tested/re-inforced (has an electric fan), fuel tank boiled & sealed, new TRF italian reproduction fuel pump & new fuel tank sending unit! Wow, it's been fun. My father & the Georgia Triumph Association have been a big help along the way.

Here is a picture from last months Caffeine & Octane in Atlanta. Not interested in showing, just driving :wink-new: It's amazing how much fun that can be!

COJN-06.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome Jeff! Check out the post in the New Member's forum by "Dave from Michigan" who just posted (after having joined almost two years ago). He too is a 59 TR3A owner!

Basil

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Jeff,

You came to the right place. Be sure to visit the Triumph pros in our Triumph forum here, and may drop by the Pub for a chat some time soon.

Thanks for posting a photo of your lovely TR3A. It makes me smile when I remember my former TR3B.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Jeff

Welcome to the forum.

I am just down the road in Macon with a TR3A in the process of a full rebuild started by the PO in about 1990.

Great looking TR3A.

David

OP
J

jeffreyj900

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks guys! David, mine sat in storage from 1992 until around 2012 in Austin, TX. Biggest problem I've had is getting the fuel (tank & pump) sorted out, which I've done at this point!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Jeffreyj900

Mine was in a drive in basement in NC and I brought it home in pieces hoping that I had everything. Starting to discover small items missing. Scuttle vent mechanism for instance.
Getting closer to driving it.

David