• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Why I hate Google

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
I posted this yesterday but it vanished. Google getting back at me?

Went for my run/walk on Tuesday morning and was using Nike+Run on my Samsung S8 phone to track the distance. At 4 miles everything was working fine. Half a mile later I get home and press the home button on the phone to complete the run.
A screen that I have never seen before comes up. A circle with Start in it and an arrow under it that says to swipe right. Doing that I am asked to enter my e mail address.
So I power off the phone and re boot it. Same thing. After following the prompts It seems to want my Gmail address to restore my phone. I have never backed up to google or used the gmail account I was forced to apply for at some time in the past.

Took the phone to a Verizon store where they worked on it for about an hour with no success. They did tell me that it may have become a paper weight because of a thing called FRP and if I could not access the google account it was backed up to I would need a new phone???

My daughter got on to the Gmail site and found the e mail account and we finally got the phone back. I was not to worried about the contacts etc. as the photos were safe on the SD card.
Going to the Gallery I found it was empty the card must have been formatted at the time the phone was wiped.

I hate google.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Android is a "modified" Linux kernel-based O.S.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
We have Apple phones and no problems to date, not sure if they are Android or not, never checked. PJ

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We have Apple phones and no problems to date, not sure if they are Android or not, never checked. PJ

If they are Apple then they are not Android. I have Apple phon also, along with iMac and MacBook Pro and an iPad.