• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rain, rain, rain, rain and rain

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I haven't posted much because I haven't been driving much. The D.C. area picked up 10 inches of rain during May, and, so far, June has been a repeat with the rain coming primarily on the weekends, although maybe this weekend I may finally be able to get the car out.

We're having our carpets taken out and replaced with hardwood in our house, so I have to kick the Sprite out of the garage during this process so I can move all the crap that we have to move out of the way for the flooring guys. The car will be under a cover. I'm not crazy about doing this, but I really don't have a choice. I figure for one week, it should be okay.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I haven't posted much because I haven't been driving much. The D.C. area picked up 10 inches of rain during May, and, so far, June has been a repeat with the rain coming primarily on the weekends, although maybe this weekend I may finally be able to get the car out.

We're having our carpets taken out and replaced with hardwood in our house, so I have to kick the Sprite out of the garage during this process so I can move all the crap that we have to move out of the way for the flooring guys. The car will be under a cover. I'm not crazy about doing this, but I really don't have a choice. I figure for one week, it should be okay.

do you have a friend with an empty garage?

OP
S

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
do you have a friend with an empty garage?

Not really, and not one that would appreciate oil dripping on it. I have an Ultimate Car Cover from CarCovers.com meant for my '53 Plymouth, which is now in one of those temporary garage structures. To say it's a bit big for the Sprite is an understatement, but I was able to take out the slack and get a decent fit. Even though it's really not a problem in my neighborhood, I also used my theft deterrent system -- disconnected the battery and pulled the coil wire.

OP
S

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
After a month of sitting outside, Baby Blue has returned to its rightful spot in the garage, and all is right with the world again.

When the floor people started work, when they pulled up our downstairs carpet, they found black mold. We had to stop everything and get the mold remediated. Then we had to get put back on the schedule again. That finally happened this week. Now, I can finally take care of the bent wheels.

OP
S

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
...and the rain has come back. It's been raining almost every day. I think the pattern will finally change this weekend.

dklawson

Yoda
It's the same for us. It's rained every day for over a week. Last night we got another 3" of rain. Everything is soaked and when it's not raining the humidity rises to over 90%. Like you I am hoping for a drier weekend!