• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

timmer2002

timmer2002

Freshman Member
I have a 1966 Austin healy, I was recommended to post here. I am in need of a small screw for my antenna. I went to ace hardware and it seems to have a different thread than standard, or metric, and that's all they had. I want to keep it as original as possible. Please help me find a screw. I really appreciate any ideas.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
glad you are here - antennas and radios were dealer installed accessories on these cars - so they aren't standard.

so you have a picture to help us?

Joe Schlosser

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
You are probably in need of British Association screws. This is usually the type of screw that is used for smaller needs. Sort of the equivalent of the 10-32 or 6-24 and so on.
They are the size and pitch used inside the distributors and such.
Try British tools and fasteners , britishfasteners.com

OP
T

timmer2002

Freshman Member
sorry, not sure how to get a pic on here, it's a antenna with a round base, and a screw goes in the side to hold the two pieces together. If that helps.