• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

One For the Video Library

RDKeysor

Jedi Trainee
Bronze
Country flag
Some thought on car and critters. I just read where a bison killed a tourist, apparently on foot, in Yellowstone. People can be really stupid about their approach to wildlife, though I would agree that bison don't normally constitute a threat to human. I have waited in traffic while a herd blocked the road to the north exit out of Yellowstone, the animals paying no attention to fellow tourists and their cars. I was also headed south in Yellowstone toward the Tetons one day when we came across a lot of cars stopped on the road. Looking to the east, we saw a mother grizzly with two cubs running parallel to the road. Fortunately they were far enough into the timber that the children and adults rushing out to greet the bears weren't able to catch them. Thank Heaven! I think most of us have more to fear from folks fondling our Healeys at car shows. As for hazards, I just paid about $450 to have a dent removed from the aluminum cowling just left of the brake/clutch reservoir on my BN7, the result of an errant golf ball I believe was launched at a right angle from the 16th tee of our community golf course during a junior tournament. It took quite a wallop to put that dent in my car, and I knew I was not going to be able to locate the culprit and get restitution for the damage.

OP
Bob_Spidell

Bob_Spidell

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
... I think most of us have more to fear from folks fondling our Healeys at car shows ...

I just had an unpleasant experience from some locals in Montana. A couple yahoos decided they had the right to lift my car cover and have a look; this took quite a bit of effort--and they may have torn the cover--as I secure the cover with bungee cords wrapped around the knock-offs. When confronted, they flat-out lied--reflexively and with conviction--that they didn't do what we had just watched them do. As usual, I didn't think of the perfect retort until some time later: "How would you like it if I lifted your wife's/girlfriends skirt to take a peek?" (although I suspect their wives/girlfriends may be of the four-legged variety*). For the first time in my 20+ years' travels around the western US and Canada I felt some real hostility towards 'outsiders,' although the local economies usually are quite dependent on us travelers. I chatted up a woman working the lobby counter in our hotel--who happened to be from California--and she confirmed my suspicions. She said the locals 'Think they can do anything they want' and, of course, local law enforcement won't do a thing. It appears the Continental Divide is now more than a geographical separator. In my 65 years in California I don't recall 'outsiders' ever being treated that way (although, in some respects the Central Valley approaches mid-western sensibility).

* Not politically correct, I know--sorry, Reid--but some of these people seem to revel in their political incorrectness, so I feel turnabout is fair play (we saw a sewage hauler tanker with 'This tank is full of political correctness' painted on its back-end in Colorado). I fear for our country.

OP
Bob_Spidell

Bob_Spidell

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I know just what he's thinking: "that's one SWEET Healey!"

Is that yours Bob? Seems you mentioned going a little further north, and that you're on a road for a few more days...

Yep. That video was shot in South Dakota; we then spent a night in North Dakota (I have video of a tremendous lightning and rain storm, but there's no Healey content and I dropped a couple vulgarities). Then, we spent a couple nights in Montana--where some wild jackasses messed with my car--and last night we stayed in Sandpoint, ID. Next? Who knows.

Edit: My OD is working great, but my co-pilot thinks he feels a rhythmic/resonant vibration in fourth/OD when accelerating above 2,500RPM. I don't feel it, but any ideas on what it might be?

Last edited: