• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Charles Krauthammer

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Charles Krauthammer, a former psychiatrist-turned-columnist/pundit has been missing from the airwaves for several months fighting health issues, including cancer. It was thought he was recovering and would return to television eventually. However, Charles just posted an open letter on his condition and fate and it isn't good news.

>>Letter from Charles<<

I sometimes agreed with Charles and sometimes not, but I always found him to be a very brilliant man with well-thought-out positions.

It is also interesting to note that Charles was one of those involved on development of "The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual on Mental Disorders."

God Speed Charles.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Very sad.

Like you I did not always agree with his point of view but enjoyed listening to him debate his position.

I had watched him for several years before I realized he was paralyzed. I believe it was a diving accident.

David

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Very sad.

Like you I did not always agree with his point of view but enjoyed listening to him debate his position.

I had watched him for several years before I realized he was paralyzed. I believe it was a diving accident.

David

Yes, he was 22 when he dove into a pool and broke his neck.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Very sad.

David

I often disagreed with him but respected his views because he always made logical vice emotional appeals. He passed away yesterday, 21 Jun 2018. He certainly had an interesting life and career. He started out as a Doctor of Psychiatry (certified board psychiatrist) and was actually one of the people involved in the development of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) which is still in use today as a primary diagnostic reference for mental health conditions, albeit in an updated form. He did psychiatric research under the Carter administration and later went on to be a speech writer for Walter Mondale. He was a regular panelist on PBS's Inside Washington for more than a decade and became a well-known syndicated columnist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Krauthammer

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yes, I agree that he was a thoughtful guy (intelligent and honest). Funny, all this time, I didn't know he was paralyzed!

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I didn't always agree with Krauthamer, but he put his arguments forward in such a logical manner that I'd be doing myself a disservice if I didn't read them. And he always kept his civility, a quality that is becoming increasingly rare with any political pundit, regardless of their political leanings.