• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bye Bye Glasses

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
When I traded in my 2015 Subaru, I made sure I took everything out. Today, in the new Legacy, I reached up in the overhead compartment to get my Polaroid sunglasses but the compartment was empty. Then I realized what I had done. When I got home, I called the dealer but my car was already gone and so were the glasses. The finance company took the car and it was already auctioned off. Somebody got a $225.00 pair of sunglasses - but they're prescription. Wonder what my chances are of getting them back? Looks like a trip to Costco is in order. Why do my lessons learned always cost me money?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Surprised the dealership was not more helpful. Hope whomever finds the glasses goes cross-eyed on wearing 'em! Had a pair of prescription Randolph Aviator sunglasses boosted once, never did get 'em back. Likely wound up in a bin someplace after the thief put 'em on for the first time.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I'll call Subaru Motors Finance but I'll bet it's a dead end. Never can tell though. Stranger things have happened.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Spoke to S.M.F. rep. "Car was sold on May 25th". Bye, bye glasses.
Aside - salesman who I worked with at local dealership on new lease is "no longer working for company".
On to Costco.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I did the same but I threw in a nice unused set of jumper cables in a bag four bungee straps and a coil of hemp rope all tucked under the trunk floor on the spare tire oh and a tire gauge.
iddint even realize I did it till months later .