• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Howdy From Hastings, MI

TAS525

Silver
Country flag
Greetings to all. After several months of “creeping” the BCF, I finally decided to join up! My late father left me with a ‘59 TR3A (TS43172LO) which he received “new off the dock” in Houston, TX. He raced it SCCA for a couple of seasons before upgrading to a Lotus 11 and finally a Lola MK I. The TR3 he kept as a daily driver (unfortunately he sold the other two) until the early ‘80s when it blew a head gasket. During my freshman year in high school (1990-1991) we worked many hours restoring her to driving condition and dad still enjoyed brief trips down quiet lanes right until the end. Since taking ownership, I have felt like the Little Dutch Boy stopping leaks, making several minor repairs and just trying to get her back to a more dependable running status. Thanks to all for the fantastic contributions and I look forward to sharing our common love for our LBCs.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello TAS525

Welcome to the forum

A one family 1959 TR3A is a rare item.

You will get plenty of help, tips and advice in the Triumph section.

David

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Cool story!

Welcome to the asylum.

FWIW, I maintain a modest library of Triumph-related documents at https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...yMy00ZDhkLTliOWEtOWU1OWRhNDZhYmRl?usp=sharing
Not all are related to TR3A, but some are pretty useful IMO.

Since there were several substantial (but not obvious) changes at various commission number, you might want to add your commission number (TS43170LO) to your forum signature. I can barely keep track of which car I'm working on; let alone what others own.