• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anger !

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
:mad::censored:

So sometimes we take a walk in the woods/open spaces near our house. On Wednesday there was nothing unusual in the area. Didn't walk Thursday or Friday. This morning, however, we were appalled by what we found along our usual path.
Yes, I did call the cops, though the chances of finding the scum who did this is pretty slim.

trash1.jpg

trash2.jpg

trash3.jpg

trash4.jpg

trash5.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's terrible. There's got to something that's identifiable.

D

Deleted member 8987

Fingerprints...but the cops usually don't give a rats....errr...care.

When we got "incorporated", six years or so ago, suddenly we had folks dropping old dressers, monitors, TV sets on corners.

I caught it once...grandmother with three kids hauling a dresser and drawers for it down the street, dropping it off. Called it in, descriptions, direction...in an hour the perps had removed their garbage.

Fist Pump.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Makes me sick when I see what people bring out to the country to drop off. Walking down our road one evening and watched a car drive by me and stop at the end of the road. It is a dead end road. Took me a few minutes to get to our house and found that they had dropped this pair off by the mail box. I managed o get a rescue group to collect them.
puppies.jpg
David

This guy has a handle on the trash problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_53yOQQyM

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
all too regular occurrence here. One idiot even left a labeled prescription bottle among the junk...

D

Deleted member 8987

all too regular occurrence here. One idiot even left a labeled prescription bottle among the junk...

or an envelope with their name on it under the pile of garbage they hauled away from Alice's Restaurant at Thanksgiving.....

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Our road frontage is approximately 1200 feet, I mow it with one of my tractors just to keep it looking nice, which we get compliments from neighbors on how nice the property looks, but every day some people throw beer cans and other trash out of their vehicles when passing by. Some people have no respect for other folks property and the work it takes to keep it up. I have to make a trash run every time before I can mow it, or beer cans, bottles and other trash will shoot out in the road way, which I won't do. Oh well, no rest for the weary. :soapbox:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
or an envelope with their name on it under the pile of garbage they hauled away from Alice's Restaurant at Thanksgiving.....

My wife an I are going to go out there later and (wearing gloves) dig through the stuff and see if we can find any identifying stuff. Also, I just sent an email to our Chief of Police asking if he would be a go-between for an "anonymous" reward I am willing to personally offer for information leading to the identification and arrest of the individual(s) responsible.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Our road frontage is approximately 1200 feet, I mow it with one of my tractors just to keep it looking nice, which we get compliments from neighbors on how nice the property looks, but every day some people throw beer cans and other trash out of their vehicles when passing by. Some people have no respect for other folks property and the work it takes to keep it up. I have to make a trash run every time before I can mow it, or beer cans, bottles and other trash will shoot out in the road way, which I won't do. Oh well, no rest for the weary. :soapbox:

Our property is right on a major country road and we get the same thing - beer cans, half-eaten McDonalds meals, etc etc getting deposited right in front of our house all the time. We routinely go out and walk 1/2 mile either direction and collect trash. It's amazing how quickly it accumulates, which suggests there are a lot of dirt bags that drive past our home.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
I am sorry this happened. Every couple of months we police the road on the side of our house. You can’t imagine what we pick up. Also find occasional trash at the cluster mailbox. I don’t get it.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I am sorry this happened. Every couple of months we police the road on the side of our house. You can’t imagine what we pick up. Also find occasional trash at the cluster mailbox. I don’t get it.

Oh yes, I can imagine. If a couple weeks go by, I can go out on Country Road 7 and walk 1/2 mile in either direction and fill up a 30 salon trash bag.

D

Deleted member 8987

Oh yes, I can imagine. If a couple weeks go by, I can go out on Country Road 7 and walk 1/2 mile in either direction and fill up a 30 salon trash bag.

Do you get those special sacks at the hairdresser?

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I have a good friend - extremely rich, 85 years old, could lie back and collect coupons for the rest of his life. Spends a good part of each day roaming the roads and picking up trash. There's a good citizen. I get a few cans and bottles tossed on my lawn from time to time. Slobs.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I could use some of that stuff in my classroom.