• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello to one and all

Konrod

Hi all

I've just joined the forums. My name is John but I have the pseudonym of konrod, known elsewhere as Konrod Pistonslap (and several less complimentary names my wife calls me). That came from the Pembleton owners and stuck.

Being from Britain I have, perhaps unsurprisingly, had a number of British cars and it's great to see such a strong following in North America. My current fleet has a TVR Tuscan (the one deemed too dangerous for the US) which will never be sold and is left to my son in my will, a 1989 Rover Mini that I share with my son and a 1960 TR3a which I recently acquired. I think that gives me something interesting for all occasions.

I've attached a few pictures (including something I built a few years ago), and I look forward to conversing with you all.

Cheers

Konrod

s!AgmwUIDt8revg6g-YlnWPou3pQvcvg

s!AgmwUIDt8revglflsxEuFEuDTSFz

view

Attachments

• 894931_10203054052939651_7437930655995205178_o.jpg
    894931_10203054052939651_7437930655995205178_o.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20180429_141728 (1).jpg
    IMG_20180429_141728 (1).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20180505_175347.jpg
    IMG_20180505_175347.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 19
  • PICT0184.jpg
    PICT0184.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 20

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi all

I've just joined the forums. My name is John but I have the pseudonym of konrod, known elsewhere as Konrod Pistonslap (and several less complimentary names my wife calls me). That came from the Pembleton owners and stuck.

Being from Britain I have, perhaps unsurprisingly, had a number of British cars and it's great to see such a strong following in North America. My current fleet has a TVR Tuscan (the one deemed too dangerous for the US) which will never be sold and is left to my son in my will, a 1989 Rover Mini that I share with my son and a 1960 TR3a which I recently acquired. I think that gives me something interesting for all occasions.

I've attached a few pictures (including something I built a few years ago), and I look forward to conversing with you all.

Cheers

Konrod

s!AgmwUIDt8revg6g-YlnWPou3pQvcvg

s!AgmwUIDt8revglflsxEuFEuDTSFz

view

I want that TVR! Welcome to BCF!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Konrod and welcome to the BCF. Your fleet of cars looks beautiful... each one looks painstakingly restored.
The TVR is the best!
As Dave said.... hope to see you in the pub.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Konrod

I wanted a TVR when I bought my TR2 in England. I also had my eye on a XK 120 but the TR was well within my budget at the time. I am rebuilding a TR3 A at the moment.

Great fleet of cars. Thanks for the photos.

David

OP
K

Konrod

Thanks for your interest guys. Even over here the Tuscan is a rare beast and when I show it (which I don't do often as it isn't a show queen) I have a "not for sale" sign in the windscreen to short circuit the obvious. The engine is now a 4.3 and gives around 400 at the crank - it's enough for a 2200lb car. The mini is great fun - we got it as insurance here is mandatory, but it's hard to get youngsters covered on anything - the mini was as classic as I could go, but it has taken us to Le Mans twice. Before that I had a genuine 1972 UK RHD Fiat 500, drum brakes, crash gearbox, hairdryer for an engine. No-one would insure him on it, so although he learned to double declutch in it (as well as plan his braking :smile: it had to go in favour of the mini.

Now my son is 21, I've been able to insure him on the TR3a and that is our Le Mans chariot this year - restored body and chassis (the car, not me), the mechanicals are OK but needs some tlc and trim needs work.

You'll definitely see me in the pub.................

OP
K

Konrod

The special is called a Pembleton Brooklands and was built from a plan, although I adapted it to make it slightly longer giving room for two jump seats in the back - unfortunately my kids grew up and didn't fit after a couple of years. Space frame chassis (tube and square), aluminium bodywork all held together with copper rivets. suspension, steering and gearbox was from a 2CV and the engine was a BMW 1000cc boxer motorbike engine, ran it on 15" bugatti replica wheels with crossplies. Took me 12 months to build it, and was great fun - no weather gear, flat out at 90, flying helmet and goggles required.