• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Still older than my '74 TR6

leexray

Freshman Member
Country flag
Greetings fellow motorers, glad to find another resource. Been in the Triumph world since I bought a '68 GT6 for $650 in 1975, since then I've spent a lot more! The brit bug stayed with me, through: '69 GT6+, '78 Spitfire 1500, '74 TR6 (w/ OD), '77 MGB, '88 Jag XJ6, another '74 TR6 (no OD) and wandered away for a couple of years with a '73 240Z. Never had more than 2 of these at any one time, but still have the two TR6s ... drive one, took one apart and can't find the time to reassemble it.

Getting ready to enjoy the hot summer here in humid Houston area.
-Lee

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Lee, welcome to the BCF. Iā€™m right there with ya.... I have s ā€˜73 TR6 and I too am still older than it.
No factory overdrive in mine but I do have the HVDA conversion with a 5-speed Toyota gear box.
Jump in and post some pics of your car in the Triumph section.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Lee

Welcome to the forum.

You willl get plenty of help, advice and tips on your TRs. The Triumph section on this forum is very active.

The pub is an area where wide ranging discussions are the order of the day.

David