• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A TR3B ‘TCF’ on BAT

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Pretty decent car but a lot of mods and at 23750.00 about what you'd expect. Not only that but you might get a couple of hundred for those high back seats. I know some people put a premium on the "B" cars but I don't see why.
Tom

OP
W

WiscTR

Silver
Country flag
Nor do I, but I always hoped to see (and perhaps drive) a ‘beta’. Thougt that it was an interesting concept.

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Nor do I, but I always hoped to see (and perhaps drive) a ‘beta’. Thougt that it was an interesting concept.

Yes, very interesting, but our chance of ever driving one is slim to say the least. Bill Piggott, Collector's Originality Guide Triumph TR2 TR3 TR4 TR5 TR6 TR7 TR8, states that somewhere between two and five prototypes were made and I'm not aware of any survivors. It would be quite a find if one turned up. There are several recreations or "tribute" cars and Revington in the UK carries parts to make one. https://www.revingtontr.com/search.asp?for=beta One feature I like was the grille, which replaced the one that had remained unchanged in the entire wide mouth production. That grille, incidentally, doesn't seem to be on the list.
Here's a picture from Moss:
Beta.jpg[h=3][/h][h=3][/h]

Country flag
I have one of the last 200 black on black TR3Bs (yet to be rebuilt). Only thing special to me about it is that it is one of the last TR3s and the first TR3A/B wide mouth car I ever saw. I had 56 TR3 first, a friend had this 3B. I ended up with the car about 20 years later after his wife wreaked it. I have everything to rebuld it, maybe after I finish the 250.
Marv

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
One feature I like was the grille, which replaced the one that had remained unchanged in the entire wide mouth production. That grille, incidentally, doesn't seem to be on the list.
Here's a picture from Moss:
View attachment 53926

The grille isn't really all that unique; take a look at the front of a Standard Pennant or, more commonly, a later Standard Companion Estate Car, a.k.a. circa 1960 model year Triumph 10 Wagon in the US (this image is of my Standard Pennant):

Pennant1m.jpg

OP
W

WiscTR

Silver
Country flag
I might have not put the oval surround on that grill and just went with the horizontal bars. I have seen pictures of a period aftermarket grill for the 3A with bars only that I liked.

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Like this one?

3C94C7BC-BC81-465B-BE38-2454E4F5123F-3181-00000308DE3F9056.jpg

By the way, the 12 year olds in the car are graduating from high school this Friday. Time sure flies!

Country flag
I've seen that grill before. In fact I believe I know where it came from. Congrats on the graduation, now to spend some big money on next level.
Marv