• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Volvo P1800 and ES wagon

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Collector from Texas asked me to check out a Volvo P1800 "shooting brake" being auctioned off by Bonham's this coming weekend at the Greenwich Concourse. I'll do it but I don't know a whole lot about these cars although I've been doing a lot of reading. I wonder how much poking around I can do with a magnet and a flashlight? I don't think we can drive the cars - a tough way to buy a car at a big-time auction. Anyone have any experience with these cars,especially the later ones with Bosch fuel injection. Earlier ones had SUs. Or have you actually bid on a car at these things and were allowed to examine it, a la Wayne Carini?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Google buying a p1800 there are a number of guides

D

Deleted member 8987

Put on your Wayne Carini costume and mask and they'll let you drive it.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Yeah, in every sport or hobby, there seems to be a double standard.

I've read every online article about the P1800. This one looks good, but who knows? There are also two MGAs - one fixer-upper and one that looks mint - being auctioned off as well. If anyone is interested, check in to the Bonham's website. I'd be glad to look them over as well.