• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Memorial Day

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Have a safe and meaningful Memorial Day weekend.

OUR FLAG DOES NOT FLY BECAUSE THE WIND MOVES IT, IT FLIES WITH THE LAST BREATH OF EACH SOLDIER WHO DIED PROTECTING IT.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks Basil. Those are very important words.

Something I've been discouraged about for many years, is the way people often use our flag for personal decoration, sewn onto clothing, made into a head scarf, used for advertising purposes, carried flat in parades, etc. I find the flag code guidelines very useful, but seldom followed:

https://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html#176

Memorial Day isn't for hot dogs and parades. It's for remembering service members lost during military action.

Tom M.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Tom said:
It's for remembering service members lost during military action.

Two names on that D.C. wall are known to me. One a pal and co-worker and the other the brother in law of my dearest friend of forty-plus years.

We remember.

Our local Memorial Day last year. And our schedule for this weekend.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
This is our vet, Chester A. Wrobel, Doug’s dad. On July 4, 1996 it was Chester’s 75th Birthday and he went with Doug to Cutter Aviation in Albuquerque to ‘check the airplane.’ Little did he know that he was going to be greeted by U.S. Senator Pete Dominici. The Senator presented Chester with the accommodations due him for his service during WWII. As if this wasn’t enough he also presented Chester with the accommodations for his brother,Charles Wrobel. Charles survived the Bataan Death March but died in the camp. Thank you Chester and Charles for your service and thank you to all our vets for keeping us safe.

E81281AC-DF00-4AB1-825F-0E73F4DA45F2.jpg

(Sorry for sideways. Tried flipping original but it still went sideways.)

Attachments

• 18C6799C-5494-4497-A429-878F4B520AA5.jpg
    18C6799C-5494-4497-A429-878F4B520AA5.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 16
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
This is our vet, Chester A. Wrobel, Doug’s dad. On July 4, 1996 it was Chester’s 75th Birthday and he went with Doug to Cutter Aviation in Albuquerque to ‘check the airplane.’ Little did he know that he was going to be greeted by U.S. Senator Pete Dominici. The Senator presented Chester with the accommodations due him for his service during WWII. As if this wasn’t enough he also presented Chester with the accommodations for his brother,Charles Wrobel. Charles survived the Bataan Death March but died in the camp. Thank you Chester and Charles for your service and thank you to all our vets for keeping us safe.

View attachment 53895

(Sorry for sideways. Tried flipping original but it still went sideways.)

Thanks for sharing Judy. If you took the picture with an iPhone there is something about iPhone photos taken with a certain orientation that causes them to flip when posted.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Out walking on Monday I found an American flag laying in the grass.

Picked it up and brought it home as I did not think it was right for it to lay there especially on Memorial day.

It will fly outside my garage.

David