• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Velo Star learned tor drive in his father's TR3 in 1960 still driving Tr's

VeloStar

Freshman Member
I own and am still driving a 1966 TR4A that my brother bought new and I got from him in 1974 when I moved back to Calif from England in 1974. He drove it back and forth to work to Lockheed Burbank and let it bake in the sun for years in the parking lot and of course all the vinal soft trim seats top and everything rotted and even in Calif it rains and of course it got wet. It was a pretty sad gift he gave me but he had never abused it mechanically and it is an amazingly rust free Calif native. I got it in running C condition and drove it to work for years and then my wife drove it to college for her post child new career in engineering. Her much younger class mates could not figure out how someone their mothers age could be driving such a cool car. It has a few hundred thousand miles on it and the gearbox and rigid rear axle have never been apart. About 10 years ago when I finally retired and spent a few hundred hours and turned her into the B+ driver I always wanted. Along the way I bought a 1975 TR6 that had sat in a garage for a few years and only had 8K miles on her. I never liked driving that car as much as the TR3 or 4A but is in beautifully original condition and it is my next project. Unfortunately it has sat for 10 years with bad gas with all the hydraulics gone to **** as well. Shame on me this time.
I am joining the forum because I still have an old flame going and a little ambition left.
David

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
David,
Welcome to the BCF! You have come to the right place both for motivation and advice. Start by posting some pics of your cars in the Triumph section or even the Pub.
I have a TR6 and love to drive it. As for working through the restoration after 10 years, it's not so bad.... tackle one thing at a time; remove and clean the tank, drain the hydraulics and replace the rubber lines (or go to stainless). Get her done!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello David

Welcome to the Forum

The Triumph section is very active. You will get plenty of help, advice and tips there.

David