• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New to BCF

sweitznr

Freshman Member
Hi all. I found BCF when I was searching for info on refilling the front shocks on my 57 MGA. The car is a black roadster with a red interior that I bought about a year ago from one of the other members in the British Car Club of the Cape Fear group. Seems like a lot of great info here. This is my first British "oldie" since I owned a 63 Big Healey (but that was 67--that car was rough, but not old), also owned a 56 Jag 2.4 sedan (that one was 10 years old), and ultimately bought a 68 MGB-GT new in 1968. Then a long hiatus--with the exception of some XJs intermittently, the latest of which is a 2006 Super V8 Portfolio that is an almost everyday driver. I am just starting to sort out the MG, which was fully restored in the mid-90s and has had some attention since then. Barney Gaylord stopped by here in Wilmington last week and helped me tune the carbs and adjust the timing. He also left me a to do list (timing chain cover felt oil seal and gasket, lower bushings on front suspension, etc). The car was always eager to start because the previous owner ran it REALLY RICH! Barney got it leaned all the way down and it's idling and running beautifully. That's about it from here for now. I'll be looking forward to reading your posts and hope to post some things as I move along in sorting the car.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Sweitznr

Welcome to the forum

You will get plenty of help, tips and advice here for your MGA.

Post some photos of your 57 MGA.

David

OP
S

sweitznr

Freshman Member
Thanks David. I have been trying to upload a JPG of the car but keep getting "failed." Is there a sticky or other post with instructions? Thanks

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
In the bar above the area you are typing in the second icon from the right. Click on that. It will bring up a box. Click on from computer and select your image. Then click upload bottom line on the box. You can make them full size by clivcking on the thumbnail and selecting center and full size.

Hope that helps.

David

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Thanks David. I have been trying to upload a JPG of the car but keep getting "failed." Is there a sticky or other post with instructions? Thanks

Make sure the image is no larger than 3MB. The server has an internal restriction on uploads. If the file size is larger than 3MB you may need to resize the dimensions. Usually, a picture that is no more than 1024 pixels on its long side will suffice.

Watch this video for more info on uploading pictures:

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?87521-Posting-pictures-on-BCF