• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Baby Blackbird

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Needs an RC chase car,to complete the picture.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
That is an incredible model. I have been to one of those clubs where someone was flying a jet. They smell like the real thing JP4.

It takes dedication bordering on obsession to complete that kind of model.

David

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. :smile: (not that we would know anything about that)

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
That is an amazing model. I can't really imagine the effort that goes into building something like that from scratch.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
First, awesome video, thanks for posting!

Second, no thanks for pointing me to a great webpage to spend several hours dreaming over... :smile:

There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. :smile: (not that we would know anything about that)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Did a photo chase job over the desert in an F-111... Could get ONE frame out of each pass. A photog named Rich Jackson got what ended up as the chosen one. It was used for the litho series, made into poster-size. Best part is he got photo credit. That bird had the Playboy bunny logo on the tail.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Did a photo chase job over the desert in an F-111... Could get ONE frame out of each pass. A photog named Rich Jackson got what ended up as the chosen one. It was used for the litho series, made into poster-size. Best part is he got photo credit. That bird had the Playboy bunny logo on the tail.

You had the opportunity to chase a Blackbird? My Envy Monster is rearing its head. :cryin:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
From the description I'm not sure he got to chase one as much as watch one rush past..

Truth, Mike.

Basil said:
You had the opportunity to chase a Blackbird? My Envy Monster is rearing its head.
cryin.gif

We didn't get any info on what we were going to shoot, just go TDY out to Nellis, report to the O.I. and they'll brief you then. We got there late evening, stopped at the flightline cafeteria for a sit-down and some coffee. Thru the door come two guys in "space suits"... Our E-5 says to them: "I think we're here to take photos of you guys. What base is home?" One guy looks at his watch and says: "We rotated out of Rome AFB just under an hour and a half ago." Sarge says: "Yup. We'll be seeing you tomorrow." This was somewhere around early 1972. About a year later did a shoot in Burlington VT, the GAU-8A for its first multiple round test firing (and another tale for another time :wink:smile:. A MSgt working on the project had a coffee cup at his desk with the Blackbird on it and in big red numerals: "3.0". He had previously been with a Squadron with SR's and just winked when I asked if that meant the bird hit Mach 3.