• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pictures From the Townsend,TN Car Show

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Last weekend.After getting the clutch master cylinder & tires replaced
the day before,we headed out to Townsend last Friday.
Got about an hour down the road to Galax,VA,where the clutch quit working.
I was able to get it into all four gears,& took Interstate 81 most of the way.
On the trip back,after staying overnight in Asheville,NC,lost 3rd gear,so we
took the Blue Ridge Parkway home.I was able to start in 2nd gear,& then get it into
4th.Made it home in just over 7 hours.Unfortunately, didn't get any pictures,as I couldn't
stop more than needed.
Anyway,here's the pictures.View attachment 53663View attachment 53664View attachment 53665View attachment 53666View attachment 53667View attachment 53668View attachment 53669View attachment 53670View attachment 53671View attachment 53672

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That is a *big* show in a beautiful location! Thanks for sharing the photos. Haven't seen a group of Citroen in quite a while.

Glad you had some live music there - did Mickey bring his banjo?

Tom M.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Look closer at the banjo player.
Hint - it's not Doc.
By the way - Janet REALLY does exist!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Glad y'all made it here (and home!), Doug. And thanks for the pictures. I didn't bring a camera, but was pretty busy anyway doing "Gofer" stuff.

It is a great show and a wonderful setting in the "Peaceful Side of the Smokies". We had 114 cars - to me a perfect size. And the weather was glorious. A bit warm, but not at all uncomfortable.

I did play banjo, but switched between it and the guitar, depending on the song. There were 13 musicians, all locals within 20 or 30 miles, and a fine bunch of folks.

Would love to see more of you here; make plans for next year. It's always held on the second Saturday in May. Rooms are blocked for the show at the site, the Talley Ho Inn in Townsend. Y'all come!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks fer th' pix, Doug!

Nice assemblage of cars.

Brer Mick seems to have let his face fur grow out more'n mine.

You stayed in Asheville and didn't visit the Biltmore Estate?

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Doc,

We were there - look at the last pictures.
They had an art display with some incredible glass sculptures.
I'm still curious how they lift & ship them.View attachment 53722